Thursday, October 29, 2020

 My photo was selected for a First Place Photo award in the 2020 Montgomery Art Guild Regions Bank Show. 

 


      I titled the photo "A Second Talk", a reference to "the talk" many African-American parents have with their children. It teaches them how to avoid police violence by following strict rules...where to keep  your hands etc.

     I took the photo at the Equal Justice Initiative Lynching Memorial, and I don't know what the man is saying to the boy, but I projected a lynching lesson on the photo, considering the location.

     Thank you to the Art Guild and Regions Bank for honoring it, and me.


See ALL of the entries in all of the categories here:

https://54thannualregionsbankexhibition.artcall.org/pages/web-gallery


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I was born in The Bronx, but have lived in Alabama since 1976. I semi-retired on April 30th 2019, the 50th Anniversary of my first (radio) broadcast. I have since started a Part-Time job as a docent in The Alabama Capitol Building.