Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Tomorrow is World Photography Day

 

My former co-workers (and still friends) Bob and Sandra.
   

WORLD PHOTOGRAPHY DAY HISTORY

"The first World Photography Day was held on August 19, 2010. It was on this date that nearly 270 photographers shared their pictures in a global online gallery. People from over 100 countries visited the online gallery. This event marked the first official World Photography Day. The day is held August 19th as it’s the date in 1839 that the government in France purchased the patent for the Daguerreotype process. The French government called the invention of the Daguerreotype process a free gift to the world." (Source: https://nationaldaycalendar.com/world-photography-day-august-19/)

 

(Bob and I are founding members of "The Nine", a Montgomery based photo group.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I was born in The Bronx, but have lived in Alabama since 1976. I semi-retired on April 30th 2019, the 50th Anniversary of my first (radio) broadcast. I have since started a Part-Time job as a docent in The Alabama Capitol Building.