Thursday, September 30, 2021

Scene of Justice Served

     The Federal District Court Building in Montgomery overlooks the Greyhound Station in which Freedom Riders were assaulted by members of the KKK as city city police looked the other way on May 15, 1961, Mothers Day. 

     Rulings by Federal Courts cleared the way for desegregating public transit across the country, Alabama included.

     The bus station is now the Freedom Rides Museum

     The old Federal Court building is to the right of the Museum.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I was born in The Bronx, but have lived in Alabama since 1976. I semi-retired on April 30th 2019, the 50th Anniversary of my first (radio) broadcast. I have since started a Part-Time job as a docent in The Alabama Capitol Building.