Friday, May 21, 2021

60 Years After a KKK Attack At The Montgomery Greyhound Station.

 

The Freedom Rides Museum is reflected in the windshield of a restored Greyhound bus that is now part of the museum's exhibit.

 


 The former Greyhound Bus Station, now The Freedom Rides Museum in Montgomery, Alabama.



 The restored Bus, which will be used as an outreach for the museum. It is not known to have carried Freedom Riders, but it is of the correct era.


 

 


 The  Greyhound station where riders and journalists were beaten by KKK members. Montgomery Police were told to look the other way, to give the klan terrorists a chance to attack. They did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I was born in The Bronx, but have lived in Alabama since 1976. I semi-retired on April 30th 2019, the 50th Anniversary of my first (radio) broadcast. I have since started a Part-Time job as a docent in The Alabama Capitol Building.